Walker Greenbank PLC (AIM: WGB), the international luxury interior furnishings group, is pleased to announce its interim results for the 12 month period ended 31 January 2019.
- Revenue up 1.0% to £113.3m (2018: £112.2m*), reflecting a difficult trading environment particularly in the UK
- Licence income up 103.1% following one-off H&M collaboration
- US sales growth up 9.0% in constant currency, 7.4% in reportable currency
- In line with expectations, adjusted underlying** PBT was down 25.2% at £9.5m (2018: £12.7m*)
- Adjusted underlying** EPS down 26.9% at 10.80p (2018: 14.77p*)
Statutory profit before tax down 51.4% at £6.3m (2018: £13.0m*)
Statutory profit after tax down 57.1% at £5.1m (2018: £11.9m*)
- Net funds of £0.4m (2018: net debt £5.3m)
- Full year dividend payout ratio maintained with a proposed final dividend of 2.55p (2018: 3.68p), giving a total dividend of 3.24p (2018: 4.37p) and reflecting the reduction in profits
- Board reshaped for next stage of development including the appointment of Lisa Montague as the new CEO
- Operational efficiency programmes already underway including integration of back offices
- Continued focus on licensing and international growth
- Direct model introduced in Russia and in Germany
* The financial period ended 31 January 2018 has been restated for IFRS 15 'Revenue from Contracts with Customers', on a like-for-like basis with the current period.
** Adjusted underlying profit before tax excludes accounting charges relating to share-based incentives, defined benefit charge and non-underlying items.